Find A CPA or EA Who Understands Your Specific Tax Issues
CPAs & EAs:
Add your firm to our site!

Visit The MDTAXES Network Message Board for Healthcare Professionals Message Board
 |  Latest Topics  |  Chat

  Author   Comment  
C Lamon
Reply with quote  #1 

Outside of IRS e-services, do you have recommendations on a fast method on getting transcripts? We need to request a good deal of them immediately, but having trouble with the e-services product.

Teri L. Botticelli, E.A.
Reply with quote  #2 
Good afternoon!

Aside from e*Services, you can request Income and Wage Transcripts via fax. If you are calling on behalf of yourself or if you have POA for your client, you can call the IRS directly at (800) 829-1040 to request this information.

Note:  The IRS "operator" will ask the reason for the call so be sure to state your request for the aforementioned information. Once you are transferred to the correct IRS department and the POA is validated, you can request that the agent fax the documentation to you directly. The IRS agent will disclose that the fax may take up to 24 hours; however, I typically receive the fax within 15 minutes.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

-Teri L. Botticelli, E.A.
Schwartz & Schwartz, PC
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox! by CPANiche, LLC  800.471.0045  fax 800.547.3366  Email us at